Action Item: Send an Email to Oppose Fracking in Illinois (Due by Thur. June 27):
Email the IL Dept. of Natural Resources, OPPOSING a recently proposed high-volume horizontal fracking operation in White County. This Public Notice link, and this PDF contain all the info you need to comment, including the Review Number (HVHHF-000001) and email address to which you should direct your comments.
- Email Address: DNR.HFPublicComments@illinois.gov
- Subject: Oppose Review Number (HVHHF-000001)
- Body: Include any of the reasons below; add your own comments as well.
- The Environmental Protection Agency concluded that fracking has an impact on quality and/or quantity of drinking water.
- The United States Geological Survey concluded that “enhanced oil recovery and long-term production also contribute to seismicity at a few locations.”
- Over 200 peer reviewed studies demonstrate risks and harms of fracking unconventional gas and oil drilling and fracking related to the public health and safety.