Join Indivisible Evanston on September 14 canvassing in Kenosha, WI as part of the WI Dems weekend of action. All predictive lists concur that Wisconsin, with just 10 electoral votes, could easily be the state that determines the 2020 presidential winner; our boots on the ground are needed to flip it.
Sign up for ONE of the four options available for canvassing on 9/14 from the Kenosha County Dems office, 5712 7th Avenue, Kenosha, WI.
1. Drive directly to Kenosha County Dems office for 11am script/messaging training w/Nancy Bruski and canvassing until 2pm. Please sign up your passengers so WI Dems can be prepared. Note: if you are interested in MiniVAN training adjust your travel schedule accordingly – it will be conducted by Kenosha Dems at 10:30am.
2. Drive directly to Kenosha County Dems office for 10am script/messaging training w/Kenosha Dems, optional MiniVAN training offered at 10:30am and canvassing until 1pm. Please sign up your passengers so WI Dems can be prepared.
3. Caravan from the Dunkin Donuts (801 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago) to the Kenosha County Dems office. Meet by 8:00am at Dunkin Donuts and leave by 8:15am. Canvass in Kenosha from 10 to 1:00pm including script/messaging training at 10am w/Kenosha Dems & optional MiniVAN training at 10:30am. Return to Chicago by about 2:30pm depending on how many homes we canvass. Contact Rosemarie Colacino at email@example.com if you have any questions.
4. Caravan from the Democratic Party of Evanston (DPOE) office (1806 Church Street, Evanston) to Kenosha County Dems office. Meet by 9am at DPOE and leave promptly by 9:15am. Canvass in Kenosha from 10:30am to 2pm including MiniVAN training at 10:30am and script/messaging training w/Nancy Bruski at 11am. Return to DPOE by about 3:15pm depending on how many homes we canvass. Contact Indivisible Evanston at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Kenosha County Democratic Party office: 5712 7th Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140. Training will be conducted by Kenosha Democrats (10am script/messaging, 10:30am MiniVAN training) or for those going later in the morning by Nancy Bruski (11am-script/messaging) before we head out to canvass door-to-door. If you’ve never canvassed before, this is a great way to learn!
Canvassing Tools – Packets & MiniVAN:
There are two tool to choose from for canvassing (YOU decide which option is right for YOU)
- Hard Copy packets with voter lists to collect information
- MiniVAN is an app for mobile canvassing with voter lists that saves campaign staff time assembling turf packets and entering data. If you have not used MiniVAN before and have not downloaded it to your phone:
- Consider attending the 10:30am MiniVAN specific training in Kenosha.
- Read the attached MiniVAN guide prepared by the WI Dems office
- Download the app to your phone. The app is called MiniVAN Touch in the Apple app store and MiniVAN on android phones. At this point, you only need to download the app and create an account (step # 1). We will receive our list number (step #2) and further training in WI.
- Download and read the attached script we will be using.
- Download the attached MiniVAN guide and the app if you’d like to try it.
- Key points: dress comfortably (avoid political/partisan clothing); casual/weather appropriate, bring a clipboard & pen, charged phone & water/snacks/lunch.
- Watch the great training video on canvassing voters by Reid McCollum of The Coalition for a Better Illinois on Indivisible Evanston’s Facebook page
Questions? Contact Indivisible Evanston at email@example.com
How to Stay informed & Get Involved: This canvassing is part of Indivisible Evanston’s comprehensive WI “Reach Up” program for 2020 (phone-banking, letter/postcard writing, voter registration & canvassing!)
Sign up for the Indivisible Evanston newsletter for weekly postings about all the events being offered as we gear up for 2020.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Revised 2019 Bridge Building Script w.pdf (93KB pdf)