2500 E Lake Ave
Glenview, IL 60026
Congressman Brad Schneider (IL-10) will host a roundtable discussion in Glenview on the importance of closing the gender pay gap and efforts at the federal, state, and local level to do so. He will be joined by a panel of issue experts, local elected officials, and community leaders for the discussion, which is open to the public. RSVP to attend on our Eventbrite page.
Despite passage of the Equal Pay Act in the 1960s, American woman today still make, on average, 80 cents for every dollar earned by a man. For women of color, this gender pay gap is even larger. Earlier this year, Congressman Schneider voted to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would close loopholes in the Equal Pay Act and create stronger remedies for women who are not being paid equal pay for equal work.
- Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL)
- Sharmili Majmudar, Executive Vice President of Policy & Organizational Impact at Women Employed
- Beatriz Beckford, Campaign Director at Moms Rising
- State Senator Laura Fine, Illinois 9th District
- Rev. C. J. Hawking, Executive Director at Arise Chicago
- Wendy Pollack, Founder and director of the Women’s Law and Policy Initiative at the Shriver Center
Other local elected officials and community leaders
Roundtable Discussion on Closing the Gender Wage Gap and the Paycheck Fairness Act
Thursday, August 15, 2019 – 2:00pm
Glenview Village Hall – Board Room
2500 East Lake Ave, Glenview, IL
Members of the media wishing to cover the event or interview Congressman Schneider should contact Steven Kirsch at email@example.com or (202) 897-7493.