Oppose Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) which:
- Gives multinational corporations the power to sue governments in front of a tribunal of three corporate lawyers.
- These lawyers can order taxpayers to pay the corporations unlimited sums of money, including for the loss of expected future profits.
- The multinational corporations only need to convince the lawyers that a law protecting public health, digital rights or the environment violates their special NAFTA rights.
- The corporate lawyers’ decisions are not subject to appeal.
- a transparent negotiating process
- strong, enforceable labor and environmental standards
- reinstatement of country-of-origin labeling for food imports
- an end to the current dispute resolution system that allows corporations to sue governments and have a decision made by a tribunal of corporate lawyers.
Act, Add your name:
Tell your government rep to commit to oppose any NAFTA that includes ISDS.