Trump is poised to let DACA expire and is making a statement on Tuesday, 9/5.
If this happens then 800,000 young immigrants, who have lived in the U.S. since childhood, will lose jobs, be forced out of college, and face the risk of immediate deportation. We can’t let that happen. Here’s how you can help:
- Call your MoCs and let them know that taking legal status away from these brave young DACA recipients so Trump can deport them is immoral and wrong. Here’s more for your message: http://bit.ly/2vTH0qP
- Call the @HouseGOP and @SenateGOP. Tell them they have a choice: side w/ 800,000+ young immigrants and protect them… or uphold Trump’s hate agenda. Ask them which side of history they want to be on. You’ll find key GOP phone numbers at defenddaca.com. Call them.
- Attend the press conference following Trump’s announcement on Tuesday, 9/5 at the Federal Plaza at 5:30.
Please stand up for our nation’s Dreamers.
The Illinois TRUST Act (SB 31) has been signed by Gov. Rauner
The TRUST Act is now the national gold standard as it is the strongest statewide immigrant deportation protection policy in the country.
The TRUST Act will:
- Provide critical protection from deportation for Illinois residents by preventing local police from stopping, searching, or arresting anyone based solely on that person’s immigration status
- Uphold basic requirements under our Bill of Rights by requiring a warrant issued by a judge before anyone can be arrested and jailed for immigration purposes
- Ensure that local residents can interact with police without fear that they will end up in deportation proceedings
This historic victory is due to the incredible work of 85+ member organizations from throughout Illinois through the Campaign for a Welcoming Illinois. Together we have demonstrated what we can achieve when we come together in struggle for justice.
By Holly K.